Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Chi-town

Chicago, the Windy City, Chi-town, Second City, Chicagoland, City by the lake . . . whatever you what to call it- we live here. A lot of people ask us, "Why Chicago?" I mean, it wasn't really an obvious move. I'm from Pittsburgh, Robbie's from California- with family in Kentucky (just moved to Seattle), we met and went to school in Utah, then taught in Russia . . . I mean, Chicago obviously comes next, right? 

Well, actually, when Robbie was applying to grad school, we both decided if he didn't get into the University of Utah (we thought Salt Lake might be cool) he would apply to "big cities". California was too far from our families (and too expensive), New York just seemed a little crazy (and also expensive) and Chicago was pretty close to Cincinnati and Pittsburgh (closer than Utah at least) and just seemed really "cool", for lack of a better word. He ended up only applying to Chicago schools, I got a job in south side teaching and here we are!

One of my favorite pictures I've taken since living here- 
The Chicago Theater on State St.
Chicago River that goes through downtown
Love at the Giant Bean 
As I always point out: "Perfectly Seamless"
We live here . . . and I don't just mean Chicago, 
this is a few blocks from our place
Great shows to see!! 
(We've seen Wicked 3 times, because our family keeps coming 
into town and wanting to see it, plus we love it!)
Color Purple- I liked it a little better than Robbie, though
One of the best shows we've seen! (Twice!)
Giant face fountains are always a hit!



No comments: